On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 11:55:04PM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 10/06/2017 11:26 PM, Person wrote:
> > Cloning VMs is quite troublesome right now, so it is hard to update Fedora
> > and Debian in order to use NetworkManager.
>
> You can easily install the Fedora 25 template that should already have the
> correct version of NM:
>
> $ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-25

Yup confirmed here - I've just tried turning on mac spoofing using the
NetworkManager instructions and the fedora-25 template in 4.0rc1 and spoofs the
mac address on sys-net fine for me.  One thing is it seems it is now preferred
to use "wifi.assigned-mac-address" etc rather than "wifi.cloned-mac-address".
"cloned-mac-address" is deprecated.  I found this on the "nm-settings" manpage.

My internal qubes still seem to have pretty standard Xen mac addrs (not that it
matters).  I'm guessing I'm not actually running Networkmanager on them.

Sean