On 10/08/2017 05:34 AM, Sean Hunter wrote:
On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 11:55:04PM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 10/06/2017 11:26 PM, Person wrote:
Cloning VMs is quite troublesome right now, so it is hard to update Fedora and
Debian in order to use NetworkManager.
You can easily install the Fedora 25 template that should already have the
correct version of NM:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-25

Yup confirmed here - I've just tried turning on mac spoofing using the NetworkManager instructions and the fedora-25
template in 4.0rc1 and spoofs the mac address on sys-net fine for me.  One thing is it seems it is now preferred to use
"wifi.assigned-mac-address" etc rather than "wifi.cloned-mac-address".
"cloned-mac-address" is deprecated.  I found this on the "nm-settings" manpage.

It seems that way on the man page, but the way it was explained to me on NM mailing list is that page is for the dbus NM interface and cloned-mac-address is deprecated there but it is still what they expect you to use in the config file. There was no page that fully explained the possible values for the config file itself.

My internal qubes still seem to have pretty standard Xen mac addrs (not that it
matters).  I'm guessing I'm not actually running Networkmanager on them.

The internal MAC addresses shouldn't matter.

Sean

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://twitter.com/ttaskett