Hello,

>> but the icon on the system tray states: identifying... no network access

I have the same problem with Qubes 3.2 and my Windows 7 HVM.
As I had some time, I tried to troubleshoot this and found a solution which at
least seems to work for me:

What brought the solution to me, after doing some reading:
- Go to network settings and open the properties for your LAN-card.
- click on "Properties" which will bring you to the window where you can
configure IP settings.
- do not configure something here yet! Click on "configure" which will bring
you to the hardware settings screen.
- there choose the 2nd Tab ("Advanced") and go to "IP4 Checksum Offload" and
change it to "disabled", then click OK.
- return to your LAN-properties screen and disable IPv6 and change IPv4 to
static IP
  (in my case: 10.137.2.13, DNS and Gateway: 10.137.2.1, gateway: 255.255.255.0)
- Click ok, close all windows and reboot

On next reboot the yellow warning sign should be gone.
I tried this and verified it with 3 reboots ... yippiyayoo :-)

Further reading
Link:
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/590092-networking-icon-shows-warning-not-connected-but-it-is

Can you try this out and give a feedback, if this fixes the problem?
If so, this info should go into the documentation.
Unfortunately adding documentation to the official Qubes site seems to be very
complicated and it takes a long time until it is approved.
That's why I don't invest time there, but prefer to throw the information into
this mailinglist (and hopefully others will add it).

[799]