Il giorno domenica 22 ottobre 2017 13:41:33 UTC-4, Foppe de Haan ha scritto:
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 7:27:17 PM UTC+2, Francesco Rmp wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > i've just installed qubes 4.0 RC1 on my ryzen system ( i couldn't get the
> > 3.2 to install because of the kernel compatibility).
> >
> > The installation went smooth and i can boot fine in the system, but i'm
> > having some networking issues.
> >
> > Making the long story short: i cant get any VM to go online.
> >
> > I'm no that familiar with the networking in qubes, but i tried to do some
> > troubleshooting myself, and here is what i get.
> >
> > - The sys-net VM works fine, it gets the IP from DHCP, gateway, DNS and
> > everything and this is the only VM that goes online. i can ping hosts and
> > communicate with the network. I didn't do anything fency in this VM but
> > using some terminal commads to check i could actually go online, and it
> > works.
> >
> > This network fetches the IPs from my DHCP and is set to a 192.168.1.0/24
> >
> > - the sys-firewall VM doesn't go online at all. I checked the VM
> > configuration in qubes manager, and according to the configuration, it
> > looks like it's using sys-net as its gateway, but still nothing.
> > Curious that when i check in the terminal, it has a network interface with
> > class 10.xxx (i dont' remember exactly) and an additional interface for
> > each appVM that i spin up (this is fine).
> > My question is.. how can this VM masquarade any traffic to the sys-net VM
> > if the class of the network interface is completely different and the
> > gateway is actually not set to the sys-net VM ip?
> >
> > - As a consequence of the fact that the sys-firewall VM doesn't go online,
> > all the appVMs suffer the same problem.
> >
> > Can anyone help me out in troubleshooting this problem?
> > Am i right to assume that this is not an hardware problem? considering that
> > the physical network interface assigned to sys-net works fine?
> >
> > thanks in advance for your kind reply and support.
>
> try setting debian-8 as your sys-net template.

By swapping the template for the net-vm now internet works, but the problem is
only partially solved.

For some odd reasons, which i couldn't giure out myself.. all of a sudden
internet stops working again, and the only way to get it back to work is by
disabling and reenabling the wired connection (using the network manager icon
on the top right corner).

This is really troublesome because i can't get qubes to update or install
additional template VMs, as it always stops in the middle of the task and i
have to start over.