Fedora works just fine for me as the template for sys-net in 4rc1 here.

As a first step what I would do is if sys-net can get online, set sys-net as
updatevm for dom0, apply all the dom0 updates, then open a terminal in whatever
you’re using as template for sys-net and apply all updates there (first set
sys-net as updatevm there too).  Then shutdown that template vm and restart
sys-net and sys-firewall so they get the updates.

Once that’s working remember to set the updatevms back to sys-firewall.

Sean

Sent from my phone. Sorry if brief.