On Thu, October 26, 2017 12:37, awokd wrote:
> On Wed, October 25, 2017 20:32, awokd wrote:
>> Few issues on this attempt am hoping someone might have some insight
>> into.
>>
>> 1) Installer warns "interrupt remapping" is not supported.
>> qubes-hcl-report shows IOMMU as enabled but "Remapping" is not. What
>> exactly are they looking for?
>>
>> 2) Install completes and reboots successfully after that but it only
>> gets
>> part way through the first default template installation (whonix-gw)
>> then
>> hard locks- no mouse or keyboard response. Is there a way to force these
>> to install in compatible mode or something so I can work on fixing them
>> later?
>>
>> 3) I can choose Do not configure anything and get logged in and to a
>> terminal window, but without any templates or VMs am pretty lost on how
>> setup from scratch. qubes-template-fedora-25.noarch is listed in dnf but
>> when I try to create an AppVM there's nothing in the template dropdown.
>>
>> When I boot debian stretch on the same machine, I see AMD-Vi enabling
>> interrupt remapping. xl dmesg under 4.0 shows (Xen) enabling interrupt
>> remapping. Qubes 3.2 worked fine on this too.
>>
>> Suggestions welcomed!
>
> 1) I found https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3208 which seems
> to address this case and see "(XEN) Interrupt remapping enabled" [with
> lowercase "r"] in my xl dmesg output too.
>
> 2) This might be related but I'm having trouble finding if this patch has
> made it into the version of Xen Qubes uses.
> http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/Xen-4-6-0-Dom0-freezes-at-creation-of-HVM-domain-with-activated-IOMMU-td5731709.html
>
> 3) I see what seem to be partially installed templates under
> /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates but fedora-25 for example has 4.5 1GB
> root.img.part.0? files and no root.img.

Any suggestions where to begin troubleshooting 2 or 3? Is there a way to
repeat the initial template setup step (or any built in template
deployment) from the command line with logging enabled, for example?
I've used 3.2 since it shipped but have exhausted the search engines on
this one and am facing a blank wall with no toeholds.