On Sun, November 19, 2017 17:13, taii...@gmx.com wrote:

> IR is an additional security and performance measure, it is supported in
> the firmware so I don't understand as to why it isn't present. I would
> say that is a xen issue.

This turned out to be a known bug but believe it's cosmetic only:

> I would install qubes on different hardware on the same drive then swap
> the drive back so we can get a better shell and see what is happening.

Did this. Good news is my daily driver is going to work once I'm ready to
upgrade it to 4.0.

Bad news- Pulled the drive and put it back in the G505s. Successfully
booted once to the desktop because the NetVM still had the other machine's
NICs assigned to it which prevented it from starting. I "fixed" it by
assigning the G505s's wireless NIC to it and setting Autostart to No, but
starting the VM caused the hard lock again. Rebooted but now it's hard
locking up shortly after entering the disk password. Suppose it's trying
to autostart the NetVM anyways due to a time sync dependency or something.

I can boot Debian on the same machine from a USB drive and hopefully get
the right Qubes partition mounted so I'm going to try to figure out some
way to break the NetVM template again in qubes.xml. Then I should be able
to get back to the desktop again.

PS I tried to email you off-list but Barracuda bounced me with a bad
reputation. Anyways, your offer to assist is much appreciated.