On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 1:33:53 PM UTC+1, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:08:11 AM UTC+1, Foppe de Haan wrote:
> > >
> > > I've never tried it. Do the mirage-firewall logs show anything
> > > interesting when you try to boot Windows?
> >
> > No, but I do have this log (guest-windows-dm). First log doesn't boot
> > (MirageOS), 2nd does (sys-firewall). Is that of any use?
>
> Oh, that's more useful than I was expecting! Looks like the Windows boot
> process starts by running MiniOS! It's hanging at
>
> close network: backend at /local/domain/4/backend/vif/79/0
>
> I guess it asked the firewall to close the network, and never got a reply
> (because the firewall doesn't have any code to do that).

OK, I finally got some time to look into this. I think this patch should fix it
(works for Linux HVM anyway):

https://github.com/mirage/mirage-net-xen/pull/67

I also made a patch that seems to let the firewall work with disposable VMs:

https://github.com/mirage/mirage-net-xen/pull/68

Both are based on guesswork though - is the Xen netback protocol documented
somewhere?