I'm using Qubes 3.2, I've got an i6700K cpu connected with hdmi. Only
kernel 4.9.45-21 will boot when using Intel igd. If I try to boot from
either 4.9.54-21 or 4.9.56-21 using igd the process just hangs at a
certain point. I've attempted the solution presented here:
https://qubes-os.org/doc/intel-igfx-troubleshooting/, along with
"iommu=force" and "iommu=on". None fix the problem, but adding
"iommu=no-igfx" causes a boot loop instead of a freeze.

Any suggestions? I've got a gpu that works on the newer kernels, but I'd
prefer to use the igd for dom0 and save the gpu for passthrough.

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500