Thank you both for taking the time to help...

Managed to upgrade the template, also managed to get my wifi working on
debian-8 template(seems faster now to boot!).

I found this post with instructions:
1) sudo apt install firmware-iwlwifi
2) sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

However I am struggling with getting the Gnome desktop installed.

I run 'sudo tasksel' and get the option to scroll down to GNOME, the red cursor
seems to move however I am unable to select GNOME, I tried just leaving the red
cursor on GNOME, hit enter(or OK) but nothing happens?? It simply closes and I

Sorry for the basic question but how do I select "GNOME" in this window?(I saw
a "*" by googling but no keys seems to work.

Thank you again...unfortunately I have been the target of an ongoing attack and
having been hacked with Microsoft, then Apple I decided to go with Qubes as it
is the most secure. But it has been a huge learning curve!