On Monday, 27 November 2017 06:30:48 CET Yuraeitha wrote:
> I wonder how such misunderstandings, or false interpretations, can be
> avoided among the people, like me, who are learning about Qubes (and
> Linux in general). But that's something for another time and topic, but
> an interesting one nonetheless.

Personally I’d say that the majority of this problem comes from the mis-
design that VMs like debian and even fedora are maintained by DNF/yum.
To do a system upgrade by downloading a new RPM makes no sense as that
completely destroys all changes made in the template. For instance new
software that was installed.

If qubes were to disconnect the idea that an RPM of several hundred MBs is
the way to download/install/upgrade a VM, it would become much easier to
understand.

Maybe in Qubes 5 :)
--
Tom Zander