Hi mailinglist,

(I know many developers are busy building 4.0, so I won't quarrel about
the missing GUI - I just wanna restore my backups :-) )

I recently installed Q4.0-rc3. I have an old qubes-backup (from 2016) on
a LUKS encrypted external HDD. How do I restore my backup in 4.0 using
qvm-backup-restore? I guess I don't want to mount the drive directly in
Dom0, so, how do I do? Create a designated "backup-vm" and then exactly
how do I proceed?

What would be the step-by-step guide for restoring an old qubes-backup
using the commandline interface? Until the backup-GUI gets up and
running in 4.0 I guess many users will have the same question.

Best regards,
Josefa