I tried everything I could google, but didn't work - so posting here.
Wonderful if any help !Qubes 3.2 installed at new laptop with cheap intel
celeron with UEFI and 4Gb RAM. Install worked and it booted.But it freezes
completely (hangs) normally within 15 minutes after booting, needing a hard
reboot. Theres no specific thing - sometimes moving the mouse, sometimes
happens while doing nothing just waiting.This error also happens during boot -
maybe related:efi: EFI_MEMMAP is not enabled.esrt: ESRT header is not in the
memory map.Also after install there's no grub menu.All I tried didn't
work and it kept freezing:- Not using mouse or trackpad to see if they caused
it- Memorytest86+ showed no problem- Temperature is ok- Reinstalling qubes
using /mapbs /noexitboot at end of chainloader in troubleshooting and rescue as
in uefi troubleshooting- mapbs=1 and noexitboot=1 at end of xen.cfg in new
lines- Adding any of those to both sections of
/boot/efi/EFI/Qubes/xen.cfg:efi=attr=ucefi=no-rsadd_efi_memmapEFI_MEMMAP error
keeps happening, hangs too(Why both sections of xen.cfg are identical ?)-
Adding to both sections of
/boot/efi/EFI/Qubes/xen.cfg:intel_idle.max_cstate=1dmesg shows 'intel_idle:
max_cstate 1 reached' but that didn't solve hangs- Changing swap and
free mem in dom0sysctl -w swappiness=5sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=105000-
Making those changes permanent in
/etc/sysctl.confvm.swappiness=5vm.min_free_kbytes=105000- Tried changing swap
and free mem of fedora template too, didnt solve.Also always freezes during
shutdown with black screen.Sometimes freezes during boot and last lines looks
like this:Code: 8b 05 d8 ................. e8RIP <fffffffffa1867751a>
drm_clflush_virt_range+0x31/0x50 [drm]RSP <ffff000007560a1008>CR2:
ffff000176c0e00100I dont want to give up. What other things can I try to stop
those hangs and have qubes function?