On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 12:55:54 UTC+1, stephen...@gmail.com  wrote:
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/
>
> http://pythonsweetness.tumblr.com/post/169166980422/the-mysterious-case-of-the-linux-page-table
>
> It seems as if Linux countermeasures will involve a significant rewrite aka.
> FUCKWIT.
>
> Is this perhaps why there is no final 4.0 release?

There is a Xen fix available here, at least to the Meltdown manifestation to
the chip-makers SNAFU:

https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/advisory-254.html

This I assume will be in the 4.0 release version of Qubes.

The best explanation of the field that I can find is here:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/intel_amd_arm_cpu_vulnerability/

Oder?