On 03.01.2018 22:09, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users wrote:
Hi guys,

during my Christmas holiday I spent more time to get myself a decent GUI
tool in order to replace the Qubes Manager from the 3.x release.
As I promised some weeks ago, today I released the tool as free/open source software and I have received some positive signs that the Qubes devs may
ship packages in a future release.

For me it already is quite useful as I prefer clicking to typing repetative
tasks.

I'll attach two sceenshots of the tool, to give you a bit of an idea of what
it already does and maybe if its worth your time to compile :)

This small GUI is split into two projects, one is a library and one is the
GUI application itself.
The reason for this is that there is currently no way for people that are not at home with python to contribute to Qubes. The library will allow a
much bigger set of developers to start to contribute ideas and code.

Its a long term thinking, in other words.

What works;

* starting/stopping/pausing and naturally listing of qubes.
* showing basic info (see screenshot).
* starting the tools with a single click which are associated with a qube.
* showing statistics (cpu-time-spend, CPU percentage used).

What (basic expected stuff) doesn't work yet;
* No systray icon just yet.
* keyboard navigation.

Resources;
* Code (github);
https://github.com/QubesController/qubes-api-cpp-lib
https://github.com/QubesController/qubes-controller

* Github; https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3417

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io

I haven't had a chance to compile this yet but it is a fantastic idea! I was kinda missing the old manager. Much thanks!