pixel fairy wrote:

>> qubes 4.0rc3 Id like to make custom
>> launchers for two purposes [...]

Hello pixel fairy,

My suggestion is: don't spend time playing around tweaking custom . desktop
files.
I have installed menulibre in dom0 and I am now able to tweak my menu through a
comfortable GUI.

https://bluesabre.org/projects/menulibre/

As an additional benefit it is also very easy to hide menu items you don't need
and you can reorder the menu.

qubes-dom0-update menulibre

If you want this additional comfort through installing additionall packages in
dom0 is up to you - most users don't like to go this road.

You can also install menulibre by downloading the package manually.

Suggestion:
Having a default installation of menulibre in dom0 (through the Qubes Team)

Regards

[799]