Den torsdag den 25. januar 2018 kl. 14.40.14 UTC+1 skrev WolfSkin:
> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 13:36:18 UTC, WolfSkin  wrote:
> > Basically my issue is that I am getting a kernel panic when I try
> > installing qubes-os on my laptop both in UEFI and legacy mode.
> > The kernel panic can be seen here: https://imagebin.ca/v/3pPwokGAMAVB and I
> > sadly can't provide a hastebin dump since I have no way to log the error in
> > text form (at least none that I'm aware of).
> >
> > I have followed the steps in the uefi-troubleshooting docs page, to no avail
> >
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > - Buy this laptop
> > - Burn the iso to usb using etcher or rufus after having verified file
> > integrity via checksums and signature
> > - Boot to the usb in uefi or legacy
> >
> > What I expect to happen:
> > - Normal boot to the installer
> >
> > What I get instead:
> > - Attempts to boot, manages to get to the loading bar on legacy, not even
> > close on uefi
> > - Then kernel panic (as seen in picture)
> >
> > Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
>
> Since I can't edit the above afaik, this is both on R4-rc3 and R3.2

Did you try the steps from this doc page?
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad-troubleshooting/#instructions-to-create-usb-installation-medium-for-newer-uefi-only-thinkpads

DISCLAIMER:
I have a ThinkPad X270, but I installed in legacy mode, so I haven't tried this
myself..

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can assist, if this fails :)