On Fri, January 26, 2018 6:05 pm, Yuraeitha wrote:
> On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 6:47:14 PM UTC+1, goo...@itrichter.de
> wrote:
>
>> Am Samstag, 6. Januar 2018 20:28:21 UTC+1 schrieb goo...@itrichter.de:

>> Addition: In order to get a stable Windows 7, I had to disable memory
>> balancing AND set the min and max memory to the same value. Otherwise,
>> the VM would crash each time the memory balancing occured.
>
> Yes, I can second this issue, I experience it too and had to turn off
> dynamic memory. Although I did not confirm if it was the case the last
> 1-2 months or so. I also had to be put on minimum Memory at 4GB, since
> 3GB or 3.5GB RAM sometimes made Win7 crash. 4GB+ made it stable on my
> system.

Thirded, except I'm stable with 2GB min/max and have the Win7 swapfile
fixed at 1GB. It didn't seem to like resizing the swap file. My Win7 gets
very light use, however.

> For some
> weird out reason I can't use my legal license key to download the medium
> on the MS-website for a legal clean Win7 copy... seems like it isn't
> uncommon either for others?

Must be their way to encourage you to switch completely to Linux!

> I can't see any windows-tools in the repository in Qubes 4, was it
> integrated into Qubes from the beginning, done in a different way, or
> maybe its not been done yet?

There might be a GSoC suggestion to update them but like you found, I
don't think they have an active maintainer.