Problem after some diskfull errors:
see my post: "data panic (disc full) / want to mount nas with nfs and backup
all in /var/lib/cubes", where I managed to recover the data and to repair the
file systems.
--
the box is up and running, but ....
--

Also I can not change the disk size of private.img in the shutdown
personal vm. And maybe others.

What happened to qubes-vm manager?
-> Disk got full and maybe, it could not write configs correncty
-> I deleted some not needed VMs by hand
rm -rf /var/lib/qubes/appvm/some_stupid_appliance in order to get space,
before I started the recovery with the nas and kali linux

so could be, that qubes vm manager did not like this.

How to fix qubes vm manager?!