so, I created an win7 HVM ; and I think installed windows tools,  but
when I read through the qubes docs,  the instructions seem to be
circular.

eg, I don't have any idea  how I would run an AppVM based on ?the Win7
HVM ??  or  should I try to make a win7 "Template HVM" instead ,

or, how does one run an AppVM based on an HVM , doesn't make sense with
the normal Template/AppVM scheme for other templates, though I'm sure
I'm missing Something ...

I guess the benefit of the AppVM over the HVM is Qubes integration for
copy and paste  and   anything else practical?