On 2018-02-02 06:37, awokd wrote:
> On Fri, February 2, 2018 9:24 am, yreb...@riseup.net wrote:
>> so, I created an win7 HVM ; and I think installed windows tools,  but when
>> I read through the qubes docs,  the instructions seem to be
>> circular.
>
>> I guess the benefit of the AppVM over the HVM is Qubes integration for
>> copy and paste  and   anything else practical?
>
> Qubes integration for copy/paste is one of the features provided by Qubes
> Windows Tools. Others are described on
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools-3/. If you aren't sure what
> you'd use templates for, just go with an HVM. QWT installed properly in
> your Win7 HVM will allow secure copy/paste etc.

Problem is:
1)
I can't really tell if QWT is or is not installed.  From the HVM I
wasn't able to copy out to another AppVM but .... Frankly:

I don't really follow the protocol To install the QWT,  I have it from
the --repos in dom0 but then I am supposed to once flag it to install
while starting the HVM ?
or as the docs say "it may take multiple attempts" , and the way I'm
going to know besides trial copying out  would be , look at the  Win
Registry or ?

2)
I can't follow how one creates an AppVM from the HVM at all ?   I do see
an option in the  VMManager to create something called HVM Templates,
perhaps that fits the bill or

is the paradigm for TemplateVM/AppVM somehow different in this win7
scenario ?