On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 07:25:41 -0800 (PST)
Shashank <mysticbuye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am doing the same thing, in fact I had qubes 3.2 earlier
> Now switching to 4.0. But I am getting this error.
>
> I enter the bios boot menu by hitting F12 (one time boot menu)
> And then select the usb to boot into. But for some reason it’s all
> messed up and I really want 4.0.
>
> How else would I get to boot options to enter the command
> Modprob.blacklist=nouveau or
> Inst.text

Use the Legacy boot, not the UEFI boot option.  Legacy runs grub to
diplay the options menu.

I ought to warn you that I did not manage to finish the installation
yet.  Everything worked OK up to the boot loader install - that failed
and I don't know why yet.  Also the building of the "init ram disk"
(or whatever it is called - I forget) never finished, so I can't yet
boot into rc4.  Will have another go probably next week.

Mike.