On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:33:57 PM UTC-5, awokd wrote:

> > Anyone interested in a pair of lightly used HP Z800 server work stations?
> > Great machines. Cannot run Qubes 4.0 correctly.
>
> Is the CPU in those not capable of it, or is it a manufacturer BIOS issue?
> If the latter, you might check to see if you can Coreboot it. Sometimes
> that can fix these issues too.

Ah. I hadn't considered the Coreboot option. My understanding is that the
chipset is at fault.

The only documentation I've found was forwarded to me from another user on this
list. It explains a solution that Zen recommended for this particular hardware
problem; but as far as I can tell, the best-available fix is still not capable
of resolving the issue sufficiently for Qubes 4.0:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136517