On Fri, February 16, 2018 10:37 am, nunotmalhe...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi!
> Followed the trim tutorial in https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/disk-trim/
> My computer boots through efi, so I did:
>

> 1) set issue_discards = 1 in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
> 2) added discard to the end of the luks entry in /etc/crypttab. Also tried
> with allow-discards 3) Added rd.luks.options=discard to both ke dracut -H
> -frnel entries on /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg. Also tried with
> rd.luks.allow-discards 4) Rebuild initrd in hostonly mode with dracut -H
> -f
>

> rebooted the system with each try and every time, the response to
> command:
> sudo fstrim -v / fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported
>

> Is there anything wrong?

First of all, is / on an SSD or hard drive?
Try doing a "cryptsetup status /dev/mapper/luks-UUID#". Look for "flags:
discards".

2) Should be just discard
3) Should be rd.luks.options=discard
4) Please try this longer version of initramfs generation. I think the
short version is OK for GRUB boot but EFI might need the longer one:
sudo /usr/bin/dracut -f
/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/initramfs-4.9.56-21.pvops.qubes.x86_64.img
4.9.56-21.pvops.qubes.x86_64

Let me know if that fixes it (or not) so I can update the doc.