On Fri, February 16, 2018 3:13 pm, nunotmalhe...@gmail.com wrote:
> sexta-feira, 16 de Fevereiro de 2018 às 15:02:54 UTC, awokd escreveu:

>> dracut -f /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
>>
>> works for a generic version at least. Will go with that unless there's
>> a better suggestion.
>
> Don't forget that the original doc had the host only option -H.

I am intentionally forgetting that. :) Per the man page:

"If you want to create lighter, smaller initramfs images, you may want to
specify the --hostonly or -H option. Using this option, the resulting
image will contain only those dracut modules, kernel modules and
filesystems, which are needed to boot this specific machine. This has the
drawback, that you can’t put the disk on another controller or machine,
and that you can’t switch to another root filesystem, without recreating
the initramfs image. The usage of the --hostonly option is only for
experts and you will have to keep the broken pieces. At least keep a copy
of a general purpose image (and corresponding kernel) as a fallback to
rescue your system."

For a generic recommendation, the tradeoffs don't seem worth saving a few
bytes. I figure if someone really needs those bytes they can add the -H
themselves.