--
Qubes 4rc3 > Lenovo X230 + Lenovo W540

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
An 18. Feb. 2018, 22:25, Yuraeitha wrote:

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 11:11:40 PM UTC+1, [799] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> having the idea of a qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard script I was eager to try
> writting a script.
> The solution I had in mind could work but I am struggling with a small issue
> and would like to get some help.
> The script takes a screenshot in dom0, store it to a file and qvm-copy the
> file to the target appvm (one and only command line argument for the script).
> Then within the AppVM it is using xclip to copy the graphic to clipboard and
> removes all temporary files in the AppVM and dom0
> All pieces are working, except the xclip command when launced from dom0.
>
> When I launch the command within the AppVM it is working.
> But I need to start the xclip command from an external script and when I do
> so, the same command is not working.
> It seems that I am missing something when using xclip via script which is run
> in a new terminal session (from dom0 but also within the App)
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
> It feels so frustrating that I nearly have a working solution but I am
> missing the last few meters.
>
> How to use the script:
>
> 1) in dom0: launch script
>
> 2) make the screenshot by selection the area
>
> as the xclip is not working in the AppVM as supposed:
>
> 3) switch to the AppVM where the screenshot should be used
>
> 4) launch the "helper script" in the AppVM which is running the following
> command
>
> xclip -selection clipboard -t image/png
> /home/user/QubesIncoming/dom0/qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard.png
>
> My qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard script which has to be placed and run from
> dom0:
>
> --- BEGIN of script ---
>

> #!/bin/bash
> # qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard
> # Creates a dom0 screenshot and copy it to the Clipboard of an AppVM
>
> MyAppVM=$1
> MyScreenshot=qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard.png
>
> # Take screenshot in dom0 by selecting an area and adding border+shadow
> gnome-screenshot --area --include-border --border-effect=shadow
> --file=/tmp/$MyScreenshot
>
> # Copy screenhot to AppVM command line argument / delete existing file
>
> qvm-run $MyAppVM 'rm -f /home/user/QubesIncoming/dom0/$MyScreenshot'
>
> qvm-copy-to-vm $MyAppVM /tmp/$MyScreenshot
>
> ###FIXME begin
>
> # I would like to just invoke the following
> # command via qvm-run in the AppVM
> # but the clipboard is just empty when using
> # this approach.
> # running the same command
> # xclip -selection clipboard -t image/png
> /home/user/QubesIncoming/dom0/qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard.png
> # therof I have put the command into a helper
> # script in my AppVM:
> # qvm-run $MyAppVM /home/user/qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard-appvm.sh
> # the script is working when it is launched from
> # an already opened gnome-terminal window
> # but it will not work when the script is invoked
> # from dom0 via qvm-run or through an own
> [...]

Your scripts can be used to save all screenshots to a folder in an AppVM
whereas my scripts is mainly for quick copy'n paste.

I think I'll also change my script to use xfce4-screenshoiter instead of
gnome-screenshot.
Thanks for the hint.

I have uploaded my script to GitHub, maybe you should do the same or we add it
to the repository so that users can pick the right script for their needs?

As you mentioned:
Choice is always a good thing.

[799]