On Sun, February 25, 2018 1:52 am, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> You can't pass through a
> laptop GPU like that as both the iGPU and dGPU considered a primary video
> adapters - you would have to purchase an eGPU if you want a GPU in a VM
> and you also need a secondary usb controller, monitor, audio device etc.

If you plan on passthrough, the GTX laptops should be removed from the
list. Nvidia intentionally cripples their drivers to force you to purchase
their more expensive/even higher profit margin products if you want
passthrough.

Taiidan, I thought the main problem with passthrough on laptops was that
they didn't have a hardware switch to toggle which card is driving the
(built in) monitor? Since the OP is just planning on using it for CUDA and
wouldn't require video out, couldn't it work?

Dell does sell some models of laptops with a partially neutered ME. Purism
and System76 do as well.

You might want to pose that passthrough question to Dell tech. support and
if they can't answer it, see if you can return whichever laptop you select
if it's unfit for purpose and try another.