On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:52:07AM -0800, Braden wrote:
> Performing some modifications to dom0, but when I run apps like wget from
> dom0 terminal I am unable to resolve addresses. Same if I were to try running
> firefox from dom0. Know this is because of security benefits, but how can I
> enable networking from there. Say I wanted to connect to dom0 from a vnc
> temporarily.

There's almost never any need to do this. If you want to install
packages you can use the update mechanism. Otherwise download files in a
qube and then copy them in to dom0 and install them there.
If dom0 is compromised then all your qubes are open.

But you probably know this already.

As things stand it's difficult, but not impossible to access dom0. You
could open a channel to allow vnc to a qube and use socat and an rpc
service to front to dom0. But really just dont do it: it subverts the
whole point in using Qubes.