It seems from time to time that various people have shared a good unofficial
script, guides and 'how to's', and even code, for Qubes related content, on
their github page or similar. The problem however is that while shared, it
isn't very visible, and even if they are from time to time mentioned in a mail
thread, it quickly gets buried under many new mails. It often isn't feasible to
use the search engine to find these either.

Of course everything could be put into the Qubes doc page. But first, it's
getting pretty large and cluttered and will probably only grow bigger. Second,
the Qubes doc page does not show on-going and un-finished work. The strength of
seeing unfinished projects, is that we can help each others finish and test
them. Scrutinize them for security issues and reliability issues, before they
are considered for the Qubes doc page.

To solve an issue like this, it'd be helpful to have a place where we can keep
track of everyone's projects which are shared for others to use. It may also be
worth discussing on quality and security, and how we "censor"? bad
scripts/guides/code. It could be done in many various of different ways, which
is also why I think it'd make sense to open a discussion on the matter, so we
can find the most preferred method. First though, a location might be ideal
starting place, where to keep everything updated?

Initial thoughts
- A https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/ page listing all the unofficial projects. The
most simple and easy way.

- A decentralized network shared links through wiki pages, linking from one to
the next. Takes some work to maintain, but could be useful if properly done.
The weakness is that it is very redundant and requires edits on every wiki page
containing shared content in order to keep a network based source system up. A
single maintained overview page would therefore be easier. The strength is that
it builds up a stronger sense of inter-connected community and inter-awareness
of each others github pages.

- An off-sight website which can build on unofficial content, keeping the Qubes
official website clean from unofficial releases. The strength here is that more
can be done to make answers to redundant questions more visible, and highlight
unofficial solutions to which many people keep facing. The weakness is that it
once more segments where Qubes users hangout, which might not be something we
currently can afford. There are only about 30.000 Qubes users tops? and from
them we often see the same people posting, and many of the new faces don't
re-post very often. It would also require a reputation of reliability and
trust, including carrying out these responsibilities too, on its own.

Generally the main concern is the visibility of the effort that the community
puts in Qubes, from the bottom-up, often goes to waste and few people see's it.

Thoughts? maybe other new solutions or a modified one to one mentioned? I'm
pretty sure there are many good ideas, opinions and insights out there, lets
discuss this issue.