On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 1:34:28 PM UTC-5, Chris Laprise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The macchanger section of the doc hasn't worked for a long time (search
> the mailing list to see issues) and it never did work correctly, IMO.
>
> > What should i do?
> >

> You should use the MAC randomization feature integrated into Network
> Manager, shown at the beginning of the doc.
>
> --
>
> Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
> https://github.com/tasket
> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

This is not qubes-specific.  It hasn't worked in fedora for a long time, and I
don't think it works in ubuntu/debian either, as long as NetworkManager is
turned on.  In regular fedora, you can use macchanger if you turn off
NetworkManager and manage all your connections yourself, but that's quite a
hassle.

The thing I don't like about NetworkManager MAC address randomization compared
to macchanger, is that it is connection-specific, not network device-specific,
and I prefer the latter.

billo