On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 7:38:56 AM UTC+1, msg...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 12:40:13 PM UTC+7, Tim W wrote:

> > > I've already set the kernel to '', virt_mode to HVM, disabled memory
> > > balancing and set memory to 4GB, it didn't help.
> > > I've installed Windows 7/10 without any problems on this same Qubes OS
> > > 4.0rc4 but I can't install Android-x86 with the same config.
> >
> > I do not think the mouse  behavior issue has ever been able to be
> > addressed.  It is mentioned in most of the android attempt threads.  There
> > have been numerous requests for actual android auppprt but without fully
> > functional mouse behavior it prevents proper use function.  As far as I
> > know it has been an issue in ever successful install of android on qubes
> > but I could be wrong.
>
> Yes, I know about this issue, but with the changed vm mouse config from
> <input type='tablet' bus='usb' /> to type='mouse' I can more or less work in
> the Android even with the mouse acceleration problem.
> The main reason why I wanted to install Android in Qubes is to use telegram
> with secret chat so I don't really need the mouse that much.
> Right now I can't install Android-x86/CM-x86 because android installer can't
> detect the xen drive.
> Also the network is not working in Android-x86 Live (tried Android-x86
> 7/6/4.4 and CM-x86 14.1).

I did a bit of searching on Qubes 4 changes from Qubes 3.2., based on the drive
issue you mention, I found this
"Flexible VM volume manager (easy to keep VMs on external drives, or in
memory-only)" source:
https://blog.invisiblethings.org/2017/07/31/qubes-40-rc1.html

It's a speculative possible culprit since it involves changes to the virtual
drives are handled in VM's. Maybe it can bring forth ideas as to why it won't
work. Unfortunately I don't have the insight or skills to look at the details
here, but it may be a clue nonetheless.

Do you still have a Qubes 3.2. available, i.e. another computer? You could try
install Android on Qubes 3.2., then back it up with qvm-backup, and restore it
on Qubes 4. In the beginning of early Qubes 4 I solved Win7 that way, worked
decently with some slight QWT issues, it might work for Android too especially
considering it has no Qubes tools anyhow.