On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:32:19 AM UTC+1, Nathan Myers wrote:
> I am trying to install on an ASUS ZenBook UV501 (Skylake, HD530, NV960M,
> NVME SSD). The installer kernel OOPSes because it loads the nouveau
> driver module, and gets confused by the bumblebee/optimus hardware
> arrangement.
>
> I have installed Debian 9.3 on this machine, and it works if I blacklist
> the nouveau module during boot. (I.e. the i915 module needs to load
> first.)  But I don't see any way to control the boot line during
> installation.  ("E" only shows me a chainloader command line.)
>
> Also, when choosing where to install, the installer seems to offer only
> the whole disk, but I have partitions already in place, currently
> formatted for swap and ext4, that I would like for the installer to
> overwrite.  How do I tell the Qubes installer to use those?
>
> Might the 4.0 beta installer deal better with these details?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan Myers

The Qubes installer equivalent to the "E" key to edit is "Tab" key. The screen
won't change much, but keep eyes peeled on the bottom of the screen when you
press the tab key, and you'll notice the boot line appears. The edit icon
appears at th end of the boot line. Press space key once, and add your commands
:)

This also had me confused for a while as well, I wonder what advantages there
is to a different approach in the installer. But once you know this difference,
you will have similar capabilities as you did with the "E" key Grub version.