Thank you Holger,
I don't know what this 3D-thing, is I'll learn it. I have, in the
meanwhile, tested the attached file, that distinguishes also running,
paused and halted VM's. For the moment this is completely sufficient for
me. Maybe I'll add the completion "root" when I complete "qvm-run -u",
since this is what I need for updating sudo-less minimal templates :)

I put the file it in /etc/bash_completion.d/ within dom0, and source it
in .bashrc.       Bernhard

#!/bin/bash
_qvmall()
{   local cur VMS
    COMPREPLY=()
    cur="${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]}"
    VMS=$(qvm-ls --raw-list)
    COMPREPLY=( $(compgen -W "${VMS}"  ${cur}) )
    return 0
}
_qvmrunning()
{   local cur VMS
    COMPREPLY=()
    cur="${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]}"
    VMS=$(qvm-ls --raw-data|grep -i running|cut -f1 -d"|")
    COMPREPLY=( $(compgen -W "${VMS}"  ${cur}) )
    return 0
}
_qvmhalted()
{   local cur VMS
    COMPREPLY=()
    cur="${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]}"
    VMS=$(qvm-ls --raw-data|grep -i halted|cut -f1 -d"|")
    COMPREPLY=( $(compgen -W "${VMS}"  ${cur}) )
    return 0
}
_qvmpaused()
{   local cur VMS
    COMPREPLY=()
    cur="${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]}"
    VMS=$(qvm-ls --raw-data|grep -i paused|cut -f1 -d"|")
    COMPREPLY=( $(compgen -W "${VMS}"  ${cur}) )
    return 0
}

complete -F _qvmall qvm-appmenus
complete -F _qvmall qvm-clone