On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 07:24:56AM -0700, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 21:34:38 UTC+8, Unman  wrote:
>
> > You dont seem to have followed my recommendations :-(
>
> Actually, I did. :-)  Note that your recommendation works perfectly on
> Debian-9.
> I'm using Fedora-26, and things are not as neat there.
>
> > On a Debian system, sourcing user defined xessionrc is already set up -
> > it is in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40x11-common_xsessionrc.
> > I suspect Fedora would have something similar.
>
> Well, it doesn't seem to. On Fedroa there is only a single file in
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d, and that is 60xbrlapi (which seems to have something
> to do with braille output).
>
> That's why I added my own to the fedora-26 template, with the content you
> saw in my previous message.
>
> But, even when doing this, the script wasn't run which suggests that the
> entire
> Xsession.d mechanism does not work on Fedora-26. Again, on Debian-9 it works
> exactly as you described.

I'm not familiar with Fedora, but setting a variable in .profile DOES
seem to expose it to nautilus, at least in a qube using a
Fedora-26-minimal template.
So can we take a step back and can you explain what variable you want
set and how you expect it to affect nautilus use? That is, how would you
judge that the variable has been set for nautilus?