On Wed, March 21, 2018 2:33 am, Bill Wether wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 3:08:13 PM UTC-4, awokd wrote:

>> Design choice. Try appending a " &" after the command string.
>>

> Could you give me a few more words about that?  Running it in the
> background is like setsid, except that the cruft stays in the same
> process.

Marek said somewhere (mailing list? issue?) that this was a design choice
for 4. Can't recall exactly where though!

> ISTM that 'qvm-run' should just run the program in the VM, if necessary
> starting the VM first.  What's it doing, waiting for a return code?

I believe it's waiting on a return code, yes. It makes sense for running
one-shot programs in a VM. Of course, longer running programs involving
user input will take longer to return on exit. Sorry, don't have much more
details than that.