On Wed, April 18, 2018 11:34 pm, Stumpy wrote:
> On 2018-04-18 04:18, Stumpy wrote:
>
>> I recently added another gfx card which seemed to go smothly enough
>> except it apparently didn't. When I tried to plug in monitors to the
>> integrated video ports AND the graphics card things started going
>> sideways (and I can't figure out why they would?). One example is most
>> times I boot no icons show up, not in the xfce menu nor context menu nor
>> on the qubes manager, just the text. When I tried to rotate the monitors
>> (via xfce) they acted funny the wallpaper displaying strangly
>> but the qubes manager window showing up ok (in the same monitor at the
>> same time).

Xen might not support what you're trying to do. Can you replace the
primary graphics card with one with more ports that can drive the amount
of monitors you want?

>> Lastly, so far, when I try to start up
>> an appvm I get the following: Error starting VM <sys-net> PCI device
>> 02:00.0 does not exist (domain
>> <sys-net>)
>> though that happens with all the appvms and the debian templates and for
>> redhat and whonix I get: qubes manager error starting vm 'fedora-26'
>> maximum recursion depth exceeded

Go into Qube Settings on sys-net, Devices tab. Unmap anything listed there
and add your NIC back in. You might have to repeat this if you remove the
secondary graphics card.