I tried that, and confirmed that I changed the setting by watching this value
toggle from 1 to 0 and back on multiple reboots:
cat /sys/class/drm/card0/power/rc6_enable

Since I'm on EFI, I manually edited the /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg file and
didn't run grub2-mkconfig and it still turned rc6 off and on with that
parameter you mentioned.

It didn't help my suspend issues. It suspends, and the power button blinks
slowly, then no matter what I do (clicking power, typing, clicking the mouse,
plugging and unplugging cables) nothing changes that steady blink of the power
button until I hold it for ~10seconds.

There's another value in the KERNEL parameter, i915.aplha_support=1. I changed
it to 0 as well (which disables it). This also had no effect.

I need to learn how to troubleshoot this better. I'm at a loss right now.