>    On Tue, April 17, 2018 7:37 pm, C0d3r Cr33d wrote:
>    > Hi awokd,
>    >
>    >
>    > First, thanks for your reply and yes, that what i suggested. However, the
>    >  sys-net set a netmask of 255.255.255.255 (32) towards the sys-firewall.
>    > So
>    > every Qube connected to the sys-firewall (or even sys-net) has to use the
>    > 32 netmask.
>
>    That's not true for typical use. I have an HVM on 4.0 running right now
>    with internet access on 10.137.0.27/24 with default gwy of 10.137.0.6
>    (sys-firewall). The corresponding vif in sys-firewall is default at
>    10.137.0.6/32. Since every IP the HVM needs to talk to is outside that
>    /24, routing works fine with mismatched subnets.

Seems like it should work like i tried. Let sys-firewall default, set HVM
manually to:
IP: 10.137.0.27 (refer to your case), Netmask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway:
10.137.0.6

and then just open Firefox and have fun. I will try it again. Which OS is your
HVM running?

>    Where that might be an issue is when you try to get the VMs talking to
>    each other, but it sounds like you aren't even getting past sys-firewall?

Thats correct. I haven't tried to ping the sys-firewall though, but as i tried
to ping e.g. google,
i didn't get any response.

>    Not sure if there's some nftables magic that intercepts these inside
>    sys-firewall and routes them properly, hopefully someone who understands
>    this part better can chime in.

If some one in this group does, I would appreciate it .

>    > In many tutorials, i saw the sys-net providing a netmask of 24
>    > (255.255.255.0). These tutorials mostly rely on Qubes R3.2.
>    >
>    >
>    > So my Questions:
>    >
>    >
>    > - Is the sys-net provided netmask differ on Version? R3.2, R4.0?
>
>    It was /24 on 3.2, now it's /32.

Good to know. Let me consider changing the version although it should work with
4.0 either.

>    > - If not, what does the netmask depend on? When the netmask is set? in
>    > the installation or first bootup? - Is it possible to change the sys-net
>    > provided netmask persistantly to 24 (255.255.255.0)?
>
>    If I understand it right, the VIFs are point-to-point, not shared. So even
>    if you could change sys-net's netmask, I don't think it would help what
>    you are trying to do.

Good Point.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully others got similar or different ideas on this