On Sun, April 22, 2018 10:26 am, trueriver wrote:
> hi again
>
> Firstly, is this the best place to ask these sort of questions? If not
> please advise and I will post elsewhere next time....

I think it's a good place; could also add comments to
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3495.

> There are a couple of places where I am unclear whether docs refer to
> R3.2 and R4.

I updated a large portion of the "User" (vs. "Developer") docs. See
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3495#issuecomment-365908661
for the ones I skipped; some had also already been updated.

> If someone can clarify this for me I will be glad to update the docs and
> submit a PR.

If you can provide additional clarification, it would be welcomed!

> 2.
>

> Is it the intention of the Qubes team that every doc page applies to Q4.0
> unless it otherwise says so on that page? And does the team believe that
> intention has been achieved or is it a work-in-progress?

See
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/doc-guidelines/#version-specific-documentation,
but not sure it directly answers your question.

> 3.

> A. Simply to include a comment that it does not apply to R4.0+ and refer
> explicitly to the info on the minimal-templates page

This would get my vote, but whatever works. :)

> Is there a forum or mailing list for people working on qubes docs?

Here or the issue mentioned above are probably best for version specific
discussion of official Qubes docs. A bunch of us users have gotten
together and made an additional site at https://qubes-community.github.io/
to host unofficial content as well as a vehicle to help others contribute
to the official docs if they aren't interested in learning about Github
and PRs, etc. Feel free to stop by!