Have used Qubes3 for a couple of years and now acquired a new PC where I've
done a complete fresh install of QUBES 4.

(Copied all my data off old system - ready for adding to new system when all
set up)

Base system seems fine - standard VM's etc - but everything by default based on
Fedora - albeit Debian and Fedora templates offered by default.

Fedora template has lots of assorted software - that I could use to add to
various Vm's as required - a standard new VM using Fedora template offers
FILES, TERMINAL, FIREFOX and QUBES SETTINGS - basically core features to get me
started.

WHEN I LOOK AT THE DEBIAN-9 template - there is no software at all.

ALSO the DEBIAN-9 template and any VM that I generate using it, only offers
QUBE-SETTINGS - i.e. no TERMINAL, BROWSER or FILEs.

CAN ANYONE advise on what I should do next - assume if I get access to
terminal, I can install all software I want - but assumed there would be a
standard stock of software/base features available in the Debian-9 template.

(Am sure this was the case with QUBES3)

Grateful for advice - my preference is to use Debian (as per last 2 years
within QUBES and many years before that using DEBIAN distro) rather than Fedora.