I know that right now details are sketchy but the advice of disabling PGP is
sound at least until we get to know more information, especially since it's
coming from reputable researchers and the EFF (links below but I guess
everybody here already knows about that), so obviously that there is ground for
worry.

Do any of the Qubes users or devs know more at present about this issue or have
advice to provide, aside from waiting for the publication of the research paper
tomorrow morning (15th of May) and stopping using Split-GPG for the time being
as a precaution?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-now

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/05/critical-pgp-and-smime-bugs-can-reveal-encrypted-e-mails-uninstall-now/

Thanks.