On 08/02/18 15:32, Mat Rex wrote:
> I was able to install android-x86 7.1.2 on Qubes 4.0.
>
> I created an android-x86 CD with a custom kernel and a change to the
> android init script.

Is it possible that you sent brief notes about how you modified the
android cd in order to make it installable ?

A lot of persons are apparently digging through this problem and it
would help a lot.

There is also a qubes issue related to that:

This would be greatly appreciated.

> I created a standalone HVM, booted linux from a CD to create ext2
> filesystem and installed legacy grub. [if you have a hard disk drive,
> YMMV. I think old grub and SSD do not like each other via all these VM
> layers, but this is untested - for now I just stick to ext2]
>
> Booting the android-x86 CD I could install android. I refused to
> convert the filesystem to ext3 or to ext4 when the installer gave the
> option and skipped installing grub from android-x86.
>
> Booting linux from CD again I updated the grub configuration
> (menu.lst) to boot android-x86.
>
> After this the android installation can be booted. It has the known
> tablet-mouse issue. I can configure networking from the terminal -
> sometimes. Other times it takes me a lot of repeated entering of
> commands I saw on various forums. I am looking into the best way to
> automate this, will probably need to create a new cd. [this is an AOS
> CD, no google play, no proprietary drivers.]
>
> However: You cannot attach a microphone or camera to this VM (except
> if you assign the hardware controller to it), so its use is limited.
> The VM does not even shut down, it needs a kill.
>
> If there is any interest at this early stage, I can provide the CD as
> is or the pointers/patches/configurations how to create it. I hope to
> automate networking configuration in some form in a week or two.

Networking works out of the box in my case. I use an HVM with Android
x86_64 7.1.2 and booting on the live version.