On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 2:06:02 PM UTC-5, hotr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5:49:50 PM UTC-6, hotr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Legacy boot
> > needed Kernel parm modprobe.blacklist=nouveau
>
> Hi,
>
> Qubes 4.0 rc4 is the only OS on the machine right now. I don't use Windows!
> Set SATA to ACHI
> Set Legacy Boot node
>
> Got "soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s!" messages and loop.
> At the blue GRUB(I think?) screen, hit tab and added
> modprobe.blacklist=nouveau
>
> Installation completed successfully.
>
> So far, only spent about an hour testing.
> WIFI works,
> Video(intel GPU) and sound work.
> Startup and Shutdown work fine.
>
> The HiDPI screen renders everything very small, been working on scaling the
> desktop.

As Hotratz indicates:

1. Turn SecureBoot off
2. Enable Legacy ROM and Legacy Boot Mode
3. Set SATA to ACHI
4. At GRUB, hit <tab> and enter "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" right before the
triple hyphens.
5. Run the install as usual

When everything comes up, the scaling is way off on the UHD models of this
laptop. To fix this, put on your reading glasses and open up the Terminal
Emulator for dom0. In your home directory, edit your .bash_profile and add the
following three lines at the end of the file:

xrandr --newmode "1920x1080_60.00"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088
1120 -hsync +vsync
xrandr --addmode eDP-1 1920x1080_60.00
xrandr --output eDP-1 --mode 1920x1080_60.00

Finish with a "sudo reboot" and enjoy!