On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:49:23 PM UTC-4, David Nogueira wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:16:35 AM UTC, Stefan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > installed Qubes 3.2 on my new laptop. After some initial problems, it
> > seems to be working great!
> >
> > After installing from the ISO image, the graphics driver was working
> > fine (at least I remember it this way), only suspend to RAM crashed the
> > machine. I updated all packages (fedora template and dom0), and after a
> > reboot, X used the framebuffer driver and did not detect the Intel
> > graphics chip :-(
> >
> > Both problems were solved by enabling the qubes-dom0-unstable repo and
> > updating the dom0 kernel to the version provided there. Intel VGA and
> > Suspend to RAM are working fine now.
> >

> > The nvidia chip (GTX 1050) is not supported by the nouveau driver, and I
> > didn't go through the pain (not to speak of the security concerns) of
> > manually installing the latest proprietary driver from nVidia on dom0.
> >

> > Suspend to RAM seems to have some problem with the WLAN driver, though.
> > After some suspend cycles, WLAN won't come up again. I put the driver
> > ath10k_pci to the suspend-module-blacklist, I think this did the trick.
> >

> > Stefan.
> Thanks for the work Stefan.
>
> - Any chance anyone has the 4k screen? I am having issues setting a lower
> resolution than 4k or working with HiDPI overall, what were your approaches?
>
> - Also any luck in being able to set brightness levels?
>
> thanks,
> David

Hi David,

Not sure if you still have this question, but I'll put the answer in anyway. To
fix this for the 9560 UHD, put on your reading glasses and open up the Terminal
Emulator for dom0. In your home directory, edit your .bash_profile and add the
following three lines at the end of the file:

xrandr --newmode "1920x1080_60.00"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088
1120 -hsync +vsync
xrandr --addmode eDP-1 1920x1080_60.00
xrandr --output eDP-1 --mode 1920x1080_60.00

Finish with a "sudo reboot" and enjoy!