On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 03:56:46PM -0700, Patrick wrote:
> On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 3:34:34 PM UTC-4, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Patrick Bouldin
> > <patr...@runthisproject.com> wrote:

> > The "XXX" in the PCI device should be filled in with your actual PCI device.

> > Just a library for interfacing with Xen. Unlikely to be the actual problem.

> > > Pics attached here.
> >
> > It would be the first time I've seen this, but it might perhaps be
> > conceivable that changing BIOS settings caused your device to show up
> > with a different BDF (essentially "PCI address") than when Qubes was
> > installed? Use `lspci` in dom0 to enumerate them.
> >
> > An easier way than doing this via the command line is to use the
> > Devices tab of the Qubes VM Settings GUI - remove all devices then add
> > the one which looks like your network device. You can also configure
> > no-strict-reset via the button at the bottom of the GUI, which is
> > sometimes necessary.
>
> Thanks, I went to the work vm for example, and all of the devices were on the
> left side, nothing on the right, then I selected the wifi device and the
> response was "you've enabled dynamic memory balancing, some devices might not
> work!"
>
> and, it won't let me apply that change, saying "Can't attach pci device to a
> VM in pvh mode"
>
> Then I tried to issue your suggestion "$ qvm-pci attach --persistent --option
> permissive=true --option no-strict-reset=true sys-net dom02:00.0"    which is
> my wireless device and the error response "no backend vm '02'"
>

> I'm wondering if this is the right way to go or maybe just try a different
> installation route?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

There's a typo in your command:
you have dom02:00.0 and the command should be dom0:02....

The two messages you received can be fixed in the Qube settings window.
You can change the VM mode on the Advanced pane - select HVM.
There's a checkbox for memory balancing on the same pane , if that's
needed. I habitually turn this off and set the memory/maxmem settings
low. ymmv