On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 5:10:07 PM UTC-4, Mike Keehan wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 16:58:09 -0400
> Kyaphas Hill <kyaphas.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sheesh, I should've thought of that. No luck though. Same result in
> > another terminal window.
> >
> > I tried updating by typing "sudo yum update -y && shutdown -h now" in
> > the blind. And while that command worked (it ran for a while, then
> > shut down), the problem still persists.
> >

> Hmm.  Did you try resizing the terminal window by dragging a corner?
> I've a vague memory of seeing something like this in the past, but
> not on Qubes.
>
> Mike.
>

> > On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 6:39 AM Mike Keehan <m...@keehan.net> wrote:

> > > Try a different terminal emulator - xterm, xfce4-terminal.
> > >
> > > --
> > > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20181026113932.3ba50a6e.mike%40keehan.net
> > > .

Moving the terminal windows around doesn't help. I decided to build another HVM
template from scratch, but got the same result when I set the kernel to "none"
and the virt_mode to "HVM".

Then I tried setting the appVM back to PVH and a qubes kernel. It booted fine.
But of course my ZFS modules are compiled for the latest 4.18 distro kernels,
so they don't load.

So, something about the distro kernel doesn't like the new updates for dom0?