On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 6:55:08 AM UTC-4, awokd wrote:
> drogo wrote on 10/31/18 2:14 AM:

> >> Moving the terminal windows around doesn't help. I decided to build
> >> another HVM template from scratch, but got the same result when I set the
> >> kernel to "none" and the virt_mode to "HVM".
> >>
> >> Then I tried setting the appVM back to PVH and a qubes kernel. It booted
> >> fine. But of course my ZFS modules are compiled for the latest 4.18 distro
> >> kernels, so they don't load.
> >>
> >> So, something about the distro kernel doesn't like the new updates for
> >> dom0?
> >
> > I meant resizing the terminal windows. Not just moving. Tried that on both.
> > Fullscreen, minimize, etc.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3178#issuecomment-397874838

I thought I had already replied to this, but apparently not.

I checked the above link and sure enough, I had several issues with modules on
the distro kernel. I attempted to rebuild them, but it still didn't work. So I
ended up compiling the zfs modules on a new HVM template after applying the
manual u2mfn re-build, and that worked. I then pointed my old appVM to the new
template, and am all set.

Thanks for all your help!!