On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 05:53:15AM -0700, 56lmil...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:41:36 PM UTC-4, helpp...@vfemail.net wrote:
> > > THIS CONCERNS QUBES 3.2 (latest update, downloaded from the website 3
> > > days ago).
> >
> > No Network Connection: Qubes Os 4.0 - HP z230 desktop
> > hello everyone, there is really not much help on this os version. I need
> > some assistance please.  As i have read this persons post that loves (!!!)
> > i have been able to see a few things that has helped.
> >
> > With my desktop, sys-net has no connection and does see the nic.  When I
> > open the network connection dialog, i'm asked to add connection. when I
> > select add, choose either.  the next page is fully grayed out, can't select
> > anything.  there are no errors that come up when booted.
> >
> > I see that I can use a usb wifi stick. but with that said, i need to be
> > able to install a fix to get it to work.  is that a true statement?
> >
> > assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Nothing like a bit of necrophilia.
>
> The fact that sys-net does not see the NIC suggests that you are missing
> some drivers. Review the boot log in sys-net, and you may see the
> problem.
>
> What card do you have in there? I cant see the spec from the HP site.
> You could try changing the temaplet for sys-net to Debian instead of
> Fedora, and see if the right drivers are loaded.
>
> I',m not sure what you mean bu "install a fix" - if you use a supported
> wifi stick, then it should load without further trouble. If you need
> further drivers for that, then yes, you will need to install them.
> If you do need drivers then you will have to download them on a
> different machine or using alive disk.

hello and thank you for the response.  i apologize, i meant sysnet sees the nic
device.  the nic is intel(r) i217-LM

What you mention about the usb wifi stick loading with out trouble makes sense.
 I will check the sys-net log.

most of the support I have seen is mainly for os verion 3.2.  I seen someone
mention that if you use a usb wifi stick that you had to build a cube for it
and set a passthrough for it.