I have to say, while im happy to see people are actually trying to get a
constructive discussion here, im missing facts, sources and numbers.

The only blob in an X230 which could be security relevant  imo is the
embedded controller. The EC will most likely be liberated in the near
future, and even if it isnt, that  is just no comparison to the amount
of attack-surface  and security-relevance of the blobs a Librem
contains. But thats a personal opinion, there are some who consider
stock-bios not a problem at all, because their threat-model does not
contain such highly-skilled attacks or they trust the vendor. However,
UEFI-exploits from non-state-actors have already been found in the wild,
and will become a lot more common imo.

Example:
https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/09/27/lojax-first-uefi-rootkit-found-wild-courtesy-sednit-group/

About the Intel-ME:

The other blob in an x230 is be the "ROMP/BUB"-module  (which is the
only part left from the Intel ME), roughly around ~90 kB after
me-cleaner (~ 1.5 MB without), and, very important, the me is shut down
before the kernel initializes.

The Me-version Generation 3 like they are used in a Librem, however, are
after applying ME-cleaner "rbe", "kernel" , "syslib" AND "bup" , and the
minimum firmware-size is at best ~ 300 kb, and is not shut down at all.

BTW, i feel like people overestimate the relevance of the Intel
Managment Engine. THere is so much fake-news about the ME, its
ridiculous. That being said, i personally would never use a device for
sensitive stuff with ME-generation 3 ore higher, and certainly not one
with a prop BIOS ore a significant amount of dangerous blobs.Again,
these are personal choices, bashing without even providing any sources
to fact-check for the reader wont help anybody.

While i would love to have the option of buying a completely free Laptop
directly from a vendor, i have serious doubts about how this would be
possible with x86 architecture, and i wanst able to find any specific
information on how pursim is planning to achieve that.

Freeing a Librem isnt simply a matter of more work and development,
without having Intels signing keys, it is flat-out technically impossible.

And i would love to believe that Intel will provide Purism those keys,
but given the fact that they didnt do it even for Google, i doubt it
even more.

Some more information on this matter would be really great, maybe im
missing something?

If any of these information are incorrect please tell me so, and most
important, please provide sources.

--
Kind Regards
Jonathan Seefelder