On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 02:41:07PM -0800, qubesuserma...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 7:35:38 PM UTC-5, unman wrote:
> > Attach Windows Vm to the new qube.
> > Attach your NIC to the Windows VM.
> > Now the WindowsVM has two network devices.
>
> Wow, I never thought that NIC can be attached to VM not on topmost, thanks
> for the tip!
> But, as I was setting up the network you described, the same weird weird
> problem happened again which I've been dealing with for 2 days and still have
> no clue...
>
> That is, it seems that a qube couldn't UNDERSTAND the packets coming through
> its vif+ interface with source ip address not of the qube directly connected
> to its vif+. By "understand" I mean the packet can be seen by tcpdump and
> wireshark on the corresponding vif, but never reaches the application, as if
> dropped by kernel.
>
> In your networking:
>
>     i     <---- i can't deliver packets generated from outside to C
>    / \
>   /   \
>  C     W <---> outside
>
> i,W,C can ping each other OK
> W pings outside: OK
> i/C pings outside: ICMP reply seen by tcpdump on i's right side vif, but ping
> failed.
>
> Same thing happens in this situation:

> c/b pings a: OK
> a pings c: reply seen by tcpdump, but ping fails
>
> Iptables are all empty and rp_filter is 0, so it kinda narrows it down to
> kernel and XEN. But I don't see any packet-dropping in statistics.
> This strange behavior strikes me as some kinds of security mechanism. Do you
> have the same problem?

You havent looked at my other posts, I think.
Have you checked the raw table? By default a netvm restricts traffic on
a vif to the allocated IP: you need to remove that restriction.

I made some notes on using an openBSD HVM as a netvm -
https://github.com/unman/notes/blob/master/openBSD_as_netvm
You should be able to adapt them to your own case.

unman